Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Pretty Poplins!

While casually surfing eBay for fabrics last night, I stumbled upon a seller called Minerva Crafts. Some simple Googling later turned up their official website, and all I can say is, why have I never heard of this company before!! I'm sure some of you out there in blogland have shopped with them before, and they'll need no introduction, but for me, it was a pleasant surprise.

They have a huge range of fabrics, notions, wool, and all sorts of other crafty bits and bobs. Most excitingly, for me, is that they currently have 20% off all cotton poplin prints (just enter poplin20 at the checkout) but only until midnight on March 1st! I'm planning on making some summery dresses and I bought a few metres of this lovely teal green/blue poplin that I'm going to turn into Pattern Runway's gathered sundress.

My purchase
It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't judge the quality, but I'm hoping it'll be lovely. If all goes well, I'll probably pick up some voile too, and create a light, floaty Mathilde blouse with sheer sleeves and a lined bodice. I don't get to go fabric shopping very often, and rely on shopping online, so finding a place with a great range and great prices is a godsend!

Oh, and they also have 50% off New Look patterns (enter nlook50 at checkout) until March 9th. I'm planning on making New Look 6723 later this year, so I'll definitely be taking advantage of that!

3 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not crafting at the moment other wise I could have spent loads on that site ...not that I need anything.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! I ordered 3 different poplins from Minerva Crafts at the end of last week, and got them yesterday. They're lovely, and great quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! I was worried people were going to have horror stories about dealing with them or something. I'm excited to get it. If I wasn't saving up for my wedding at the moment I would have spent tons more!

      Delete